Creating a longer lasting eyelash extensions can be hard, but it is doable with a good eyelash extension preparation products. How does eyelash pre-treatment and lash primer work, which and how do you use...
Eyelash glue containing cyanoacrylate is sensitive to the moisture (humidity) and therefore has a short shelf life.
Most eyelash adhesives last around six months unopened, and a month after opening. It is important to check with your supplier to find out how long lash adhesive lasts before opening and after. Once eyelash glue bottle has been opened and exposed to the air, it starts to degrade, so it is best to date your lash glue bottle and discard it after 4 weeks.
I AM Lash PRO eyelash glue lasts 6 months after purchasing if stored correctly and 4 to six weeks depending how often lash glue bottle is being opened.
All eyelash adhesives should be stored in a cool, dark, dry place, away from direct sunlight.
How often shall we change our eyelash glue bottle depending on our work load?
For a busy, full time lash artist that lash three or more clients a day, five days a week, we recommend changing eyelash adhesive bottle every three to four weeks. The more often the bottle is opened the more exposed to the moisture in the air. The strength and consistency changes much quicker, therefore needs to be discarded sooner.
For those eyelash technicians who do few sets of eyelash extensions a week, lash adhesive can last up to six weeks if stored correctly.
PRO tips on how to keep lash glue fresher for longer:
- Put the bottles in airtight glue container, away from direct sunlight, heaters and humidifiers.
- Always date your eyelash glue bottle, to know when it’s time to change it.
- Keep an eye on consistency, it’s first sign glue is coming to the end.
- Shake the bottle opened with lint free adhesive wipe on top to save the lash adhesive building up in the cap.
- Burp the bottle so there’s no access glue left in the nozzle.
- Wipe the nozzle after each drop to keep it clean for a proper closure.
P.S. Don’t be tempted to pop your adhesive in the fridge, condensation is a big no no!!
And always remember fresh eyelash glue = great eyelash retension.
I AM Lash ♥️